CQR are working closely with our client, a manufacturing company, to recruit an experienced CNC Setter / Machinist to join their growing team on a permanent basis and excellent hourly rate, plus shift allowance. A supplier of composite and polymer products to the aerospace, defence, medical, automotive, transport and industrial markets across the globe our client are looking for a candidate with experience and setting running all CNC & manual machines. You will ideally have completed a relevant apprenticeship and have experience with CNC Lathes and Fanuc controls and be confident in programming skills.
About the job…
The Machinist will report to the Machining Supervisor, with day to day reporting to the Machining Technician. The person appointed will work as part of the Machining team and be expected to handover work in an appropriate manner to colleagues at shift change.
Role and Responsibility
- Setting and running all CNC & manual machines in section.
- Ensuring all tooling /programmes are available for start of production.
- Programming of the full range of products, these include carbon and composite products
- Tool grinding as required.
- Performing all tasks as directed in accordance with Quality System Procedures and manufacturing instructions, complying with workmanship standards
- Follow work instructions and guidance from Cage & Machining Supervisor and Machining Technician.
- Apply engineering knowledge and experience to the Machinist role
- Self-inspection of all work produced to ensure compliance with quality standards, keeping scrap to a minimum so that customer requirements are met first time.
The right person…
- Good general education, preferably to GCSE Grade C in English and Maths.
- Ideally time served apprenticeship.
- CNC lathe experience, including using CNC Lathes with Fanuc control
- Experience of working in a Continuous Improvement Manufacturing environment is desirable.
- Experience working within the requirements of ISO9000, AS9100, TS16949 and SC21.
- Willingness to learn and follow instructions.
- Being able to work as part of a team and demonstrate a genuine ‘Can do’ attitude
In return we offer…
- The rate of pay will depend on experience please apply with your current salary
- The role is full time and permanent
- 33 days holiday, death in service benefit after 12 months, childcare vouchers
If you feel you have the right skills and experience for this position email your CV to email@example.com or click APPLY NOW . Our aim is to be an equal opportunities employer. We welcome all applications regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, sex or sexual orientation, disability, age, religion or belief. CQR will consider all applications solely on merit.