Celebrating their 25th anniversary this year, our client enjoys a reputation for producing some of the world’s best handcrafted door and cabinet handles, supplying superyachts, hotels and some of the finest homes. CQR are currently working on an excellent opportunity for a candidate to join them as a Despatch Assistant. Working in a small team of despatch operatives and reporting to the Despatch Manager you will need to be quick to learn, energetic and have excellent attention to detail. You will be trained to use the company MRP System and you will be required to pick and pack items for despatch to customers across the world. The ideal candidate will have a good standard of education with GCSE’s in Maths & English, and experience of working in a manufacturing company or a goods out or despatch team.
About the job…
- Working at the companies’ modern manufacturing site in Barnstaple, the job will include picking and packing items for despatch to customers across the world.
- This is a busy role in a team that are busy all of the time so you must enjoy working in a fast paced job.
- Checking details are correct and carrying out a final quality check of items before they are despatched.
- Logging items sent on the MRP system and ensuring all paperwork is correct.
- You will need to be good with your hands as you will hand pack some items, with a keen eye for small details.
- This is a key position for our client and as a small friendly company, the right personality fit for the job is also vitally important.
The Right Person…
- An ability to get on with fellow workers is also essential, take instruction and be a good time keeper.
- Good attention to detail is essential and able to use their initiative
- Quality driven with experience of working to strict quality control requirements.
- The position would suit a candidate who is looking for a long term position with future career potential.
- Good standard of education with GCSE’s in Maths & English
- This is a close knit and happy team and you will need to be able to work well in a team environment.
- Work under their own initiative, and be able to handle pressures of a busy working environment.
- Must want to be part of a growing company that produces very unique products to a high specification.
- Live within a commutable distance to Barnstaple.
- Salary up to up to £20k per annum depending on experience plus a generous performance related bonus scheme.
- Hours Monday to Thursday 8.00am to 4.30pm Friday 8.00am to 3.30pm.
- Annual Holiday 20 days + bank holidays, parking, staff canteen.
- Opportunities for career advancement in the future
This really is a wonderful opportunity for someone who is looking for a permanent position within a growing and successful company. Send your CV to Claire at CQR by clicking APPLY NOW. Our aim is to be an equal opportunities employer. We welcome all applications regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, sex or sexual orientation, disability, age, religion or belief. CQR will consider all applications solely on merit.