Celebrating their 25th anniversary this year, our client enjoys a reputation for producing some of the world’s best handcrafted door and cabinet handles, supplying superyachts, hotels and some of the finest homes.
CQR are currently working on an excellent opportunity for a candidate to join them as a Hand production Craftsperson / Leather worker Trainee. Working alongside and being trained by their team of skilled leather workers, you will be taught how to measure, split, prepare, bond and hand stitch leather to produce beautifully made door and cabinet handles.
The ideal candidate will have a very good eye for detail and good with their hands. Consistency and time are key factors in production. An ability to get on with fellow workers is also essential, take instruction and be a good time keeper.
About the job…
Working at the companies’ modern workshops in Barnstaple, the job will include stitching small sections of leather, and bonding them to metal work, they would also be trained up for hand stitching which would be about 70% of the job. You will need to be good with your hands with a keen eye for small details. This is a key position for our client and as a small friendly company, the right personality fit for the job is also vitally important.
The Right Person…
- The ability to work with small parts and produce a high quality finished product.
- Quality driven with experience of working to strict quality control requirements.
- The position would suit a candidate who is looking for a long term position.
- This is a close knit and happy team and you will need to be able to work well in a team environment.
- Work under their own initiative, and be able to handle pressures of a busy working environment.
- Must want to be part of a growing company that produces very unique products to a high specification.
- Live within a commutable distance to Barnstaple.
- Salary up to £20k per annum depending on experience plus a generous performance related bonus scheme.
- Hours Monday to Thursday 8.00am to 4.30pm Friday 8.00am to 3.30pm.
- Annual Holiday 20 days + bank holidays, parking, staff canteen.
- Opportunities for career advancement in the future
This really is a wonderful opportunity for someone who is looking for a permanent position within a growing and successful company. Send your CV to Claire at CQR by clicking APPLY NOW. Our aim is to be an equal opportunities employer. We welcome all applications regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, sex or sexual orientation, disability, age, religion or belief. CQR will consider all applications solely on merit.