CQR are delighted to be working with or client to recruit Production Operators. A specialist in design & manufacture of electromagnetic components and electronic systems; operating from 21 locations around the world they are a global provider of engineered electronics. This role is based at their Barnstaple location, where they employ approximately 250 staff and specialise in the manufacture of wound components, printed-circuit board assemblies, cabinet wiring and electronic test equipment for the civil aircraft, space, and defence industries. We are looking for Production Operatives with previous experience of working within an electronics firm or candidates with experience of delicate manual assembly; good dexterity or general production based work in a factory environment.
As Production Operative you:
- Perform a wide variety of production process, test, inspection operations to create precision electro-mechanical or electronic assemblies or sub-assemblies;
- Determine and/or follow method and sequence of operations in performing such tasks as assembly, winding, drilling, reaming, burnishing, tapping, wiring, component installation, hand soldering and cable harnessing;
- Use precision measuring instruments to ensure conformance with blueprint specifications and tolerances;
- Disassemble precision assemblies and corrects malfunctions;
- Operate automatic and semi-automatic assembly equipment;
- Set up and adjust fixtures;
- Work in continuous improvement and value added projects to grow and execute BeLean best practice.
- Meet daily and monthly value stream operational KPI metrics;
- Support and work to company Health and Safety culture;
- Maintain and improve quality practices and processes aiming for zero defects;
The right person…
- Manufacturing Production experience is essential; soldering experience a bonus.
- We will also consider candidates with experience of delicate manual assembly work in a factory environment.
- Experience of coil winding also considered.
- You will need to be a reliable and positive person who is keen to learn and progress their skills in an Electronics firm.
- You should be prepared to work as part of a team and be willing to make a positive contribution to continuous improvement.
- Good English skills essential along with attention to detail and can do attitude!
- An opportunity to become part of an organisation driven by Zero Harm and high Health & Safety values.
- This company specialise in the consultancy, design, prototype and manufacture of custom wound components, electromechanical units and PCBs and this is a great opportunity to become a permanent member of their team.
In return we offer…
- 39 hours per week, 08:00 to 17:00 Monday to Thursday and 08:00 to 13:00 Friday.
- Contract would be Temporary with the possibility of becoming permanent after 12 weeks
- Pay is £7.50 per hour for first 3 months the increase with experience although for higher skilled candidates the rate may be negotiable.
- Company benefits include Company Pension, along with access to Share Option scheme, Cycle to work scheme and death in service benefit.
If you feel you have the right skills and experience for this position email your CV to email@example.com or click APPLY NOW . Our aim is to be an equal opportunities employer. We welcome all applications regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, sex or sexual orientation, disability, age, religion or belief. CQR will consider all applications solely on merit.