CQR are excited to be working with our client to recruit a Supply Chain Manager for our Barnstaple client. Specialising in the manufacture of wound components, printed-circuit board assemblies, cabinet wiring and electronic test equipment for the civil aircraft, space, and defence industries this is a highly successful and growing organisation. The Supply Chain Manager will lead the business unit’s Supply Chain, defining and implementing robust purchasing and sourcing strategies to support the business’ goals. With at least 10 years’ experience as a Buyer or Supply Chain Manager in a technology / mechanical / aerospace business you will also be educated to Degree level in a relevant field. This is an exciting time for the business and if you have the skills and experience we are looking for then we would like to hear from you!
About The Job…
- Lead team of best in class procurement professionals to continuously improve the delivery of materials from suppliers on time to need, the quality of materials and services procured, and the cost of our products in a compliant procurement system.
- Plan and implement activities related to the timely, cost-effective procurement, inventory control, planning and quality control of production materials.
- Develop, implements and maintain policies, procedures, and material control systems to reduce costs, streamline procedures, and implement solutions.
- Ensure the availability of materials in the supply chain, as scheduled, and the maintenance of inventory at minimum acceptable levels.
- Responsible for sourcing and supplying raw materials, utilities and outside services, as well coordinating global procurement efforts.
- Participate in Strategic Supply Chain Design and deploy subsequent actions to achieve strategy
- Identify gaps in functional competencies and close those gaps through organisation design, team and individual development, recruitment and training.
- Establish standard work and attainment of KPIs (leading and lagging)
- Continuous improvement of Procurement processes
- Ensure all cost, pricing, contract flow downs, and responsible procurement activities are conducted in a compliant manner
The right person…
- 10–15 years experience working as a buyer within a technology company (ideally mechanical/aerospace)
- Bachelor degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain or related field
- Experience developing & leading procurement organisation.
- Prior experience as a planner, scheduler, production control, buyer
- Experience of negotiating long term complex supplier agreements
- Determining the success or failure rate of a business using financial accounting
- Experience with MRPII desirable.
- APICS and/or NAPM affiliation desired; certification preferred (CPIM, CPM); Certification in Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) and Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) preferred, but at least one (1) certification is required
In return we offer…
- Excellent salary package from £30k to £45k dependant on experience
- Hours Monday to Thursday 8.00am to 5.00pm and Friday 8.00am to 1pm
- Employee benefits including: Active Social Club; Birthday brunch in the month of your birthday; Early finish on Fridays; Free fruit and hot drinks; Contributory pension scheme; Free on-site parking; Discounted Gym membership; Cycle to work scheme; Company share-save scheme & company sick pay scheme (eligible after a qualifying period)
- It’s an exciting time to join our clients business; they are investing in their people and facility, they are a customer led business, their technologies support major Aerospace customers and there’s scope of opportunity for the right candidate.
If you feel you have the right skills and experience for this position email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or click APPLY NOW . Our aim is to be an equal opportunities employer. We welcome all applications regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, sex or sexual orientation, disability, age, religion or belief. CQR will consider all applications solely on merit.